As the thirty first year of my life is quickly approaching, I have found myself doing a lot of introspection. I have been checking my closet making sure all the skeletons are out of it from the previous years. I have been forced to reevaluate some of my relationships, and I have given walking papers to those who truly needed them. I have been confronting all the clutter of my life, and I must admit it has been excruciatingly painful. However, I push through because wholeness is my desire, and I know the liberation that will be experienced after this is over will be well worth it.
One of the tools I have been using to gauge my progress in life is my old journals. I go back to them to see how much I have grown or not. I use them to encourage me through moments of testing and trials as a reminder of how great God has been to me. Today I was reading one of my old journals, and I came across an entry from June 25, 2008. As I read it, I chuckled because in it contained my Perfect Mate List. I will admit the caliber of man I entertained drastically changed when I created it, but it has also been what some have accused as the reason behind my singleness.( Side note: #Mr.Godiva and I are no longer together and the #dearfuturehusband post will be returning.) Yet when I read it, I honestly do not believe I am asking for too much. The list is much smaller now, but today I figured I would give each of you a sneak peak into my prayer journal and get your personal opinion:
June 25, 2008-So my ladies and I were talking, and one of them shared about how they made a list concerning what she wanted in a husband. I want to do it, but I’m scared my list might be too much. So here is the deal God, I will make my list and you revise it. You know what I need and that is more important than my wants:
- A man that lives to honor You in word, deed, and heart (a Psalm 119 man).
- A man of integrity and vision (a big dreamer).
- A man who lives to learn, know, and live the word of God.
- A wealthy man.
- A man who loves me for me, no exceptions!
- A fashion-forward man.
- A man that lives and love to worship and pray. He is unashamed to show his love for God.
- A man who loves and appreciates his family.
- A shrewd business man.
- A good steward over his finances.
- A man of great faith.
- A humble and gentle man towards me and those who need it.
- A man who walks, understands, and knows his authority as a son of God.
- A man who keeps his word (swears to his own hurt).
- A man who is aesthetically pleasing in my sight.
- A man that has a wonderful sense of humor and loves to have fun…you will be done Amen.
I’m grateful that you have made it to the end of this list, and now I’m asking for your assistance. If you feel this list was absolutely ridiculous, let me know. If you feel I’m absolutely delusional, let me know. If you feel that this list is not detailed enough, let me know. I look forward to your feedback. Have a Marvelous Monday!!!